- 250 ml milk
- 20 g yeast
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 500 g flour
- 70 g butter
- 80 ml olive oil
- 10 g salt
- 12 slices of ham, very finely cut
InformationTemperature of the oven: about 200 degrees
Baking time: about 12 minutes
- Mix lukewarm milk, yeast, sugar and put into the oven at 35 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Mix with flour, soft butter, olive oil and salt, and make a rather firm dough.
- Let the dough rise for about 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Knead again and form about 20 cm long and 1/2 cm thick sticks.
- Place the dough sticks on a baking tray and let them rise in the oven at 35 degrees until they reach twice their volume.
- Now place the breadsticks in the pre-heated oven.
- Wrap the ham slices around the cool breadsticks and serve.
- Before putting the breadsticks into the oven, you can add sesame, poppy or salt grains.
- Serving suggestions: with cooked ham, cooked lamb ham, game ham or smoked ham in very thin slices.
- You can also add 1 teaspoon of curry powder or 1 table spoon of olive paste to the breadstick dough.
- Chopped rosemary, sage or caraway can also be added to the dough.
- For variety you can use one third of wholegrain flour for the dough.
to the recipe overview