- 200 g Radicchio trevigiano (chicory)
- 50 g onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g savory ham, cut in fine cubes
- 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 100 ml of beef bouillon or water
- pepper from the pepper mill
- 2 tbsp of cold butter
- 280 g corzetti (kind of pasta)
- 30 g of grated parmesan cheese
- chives, finely chopped
- 8 ham slices
InformationCooking time chicory sauce: about 10 minutes
Cooking time corzetti: about 8 minutes (or as written on the packaging)
- Clean and wash the chicory, cut into strips and put into lukewarm water for about 10 minutes.
- Peel the onions and garlic; chop finely and sauté in olive oil.
- Add savory ham and sauté together.
- Remove the chicory from the water and add it to the onions; sauté together; deglaze with red wine vinegar and beef bouillon or water and sauté until soft and almost all the liquid is absorbed.
- Season with salt and pepper and refine with cold butter.
- Boil the corzetti pasta in plenty of salt water, drain and mix with the chicory-ham sauce.
- Place the pasta on a plate and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and chives. Garnish with thin ham slices and serve.
- Vinegar prevents chicory from turning brown.
- Instead of Radicchio trevigiano you can also use other types of chicory like Radiccio Rosso or Radiccio di Chioggia.
- Poultry soup is ideal for deglazing.
- Instead of corzetti you can use other types of pasta like fusilli, penne, maccheroni or farfalle.
to the recipe overview