- 400 g waxy potatoes
- 4 tbsp of oil for roasting
- 30 ml white wine vinegar
- 50 ml beef bouillon or water
- 60 ml olive oil
- pepper from the pepper mill
- 50 g rocket salad leaves
- 16 ham slices
- 1 teaspoon of horseradish shavings
- 2 tbsp of sour cream
InformationCooking time: about 7 minutes
- Peel and grate the potatoes or use the slicing machine to make thin slices and then cut the potatoes into fine strips before adding some salt.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the potatoes and press into the pan.
- Reduce the heat and turn the potatoes in the pan and roast until golden brown.
- Thoroughly mix the white wine vinegar and beef bouillon or water and add the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the salad marinade to the rocket salad leaves and place on the potatoes.
- Garnish with ham slices and horseradish shavings.
- Season the sour cream with salt and place at the edges of the plate for decoration before serving.
- Potato rosti have to be roasted in a sufficient amount of oil.
- You can also roast only portions of rosti in a small rosti pan.
- For variation you can add raw courgettes or pumpkin strips to the potatoes.
- Potato rosti are an ideal side order for grilled or briefly baked meat dishes or for smoked fish like salmon or trout.
to the recipe overview