- 400 g of white cabbage
- 3 tbsp of white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp of oil
- white pepper from the pepper mill
- 24 pieces of Val Venosta bread, cut into halves
- 16 small ham slices
- 80 g of roast ham strips
- 1 tbsp of chives
InformationPreparation time: approx. 20 minutes
- Remove the outer leaves from the white cabbage, quarter it and remove the stalk.
- Chop finely (with knife, slicer or slicing machine).
- Mix the cabbage with salt in a pot so it gets tender.
- Heat up the white wine vinegar and oil; season with white pepper and mix with the cabbage.
- Place the bread cubes on a plate; put on the ham slices and serve with the warm cabbage, roast ham slices and chives.
- You can also mix the roast ham strips under the salad.
- This cabbage salad is ideal with ham dumplings, Tyrolean stew or goulash.
- You can also mix 1/2 teaspoon of caraway or radish strips under the white cabbage.
- Instead of white cabbage you can also use red cabbage.
to the recipe overview