Risotto with pumpkin
and Speck Alto Adige
Round-gran rice (Arborio, Carnaroli or Vialone Nano)
Hot vegetable broth or water
Freshly grounded pepper
|Grated Parmesan cheese |
Slices of Speck Alto Adige PGI or pancetta
Sage flowers and thyme twigs
Speck Alto Adige 90g
The unmistakable flavor of Recla Speck Alto Adige PGI is fully released when sliced. Thin, tender, versatile slices that melt in your mouth, perfect for any occasion on their own, in a sandwich, as ingredients in delicious appetizers, or as a garnish.To the product
- Peel and dice the pumpkin, then season with salt, pepper and thyme. Cover it with aluminium foil and seal tightly.
- Cook it in the oven at 170 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Peel and finely slice the onion, then gently sauté in oil.
- Add the rice and cook it at medium heat until the rice grains are glazed.
- Deglaze with white wine and let it completely reduce.
- Then gradually pour in the vegetable stock to keep the rice well covered in liquid.
- Let it cook while stirring continuously until the risotto is firm to the bite and shows a creamy consistency.
- Salt and pepper to taste and add the diced pumpkin.
- Refine with cold butter and parmesan cheese.
- Put the pumpkin risotto on the plates and garnish with the slices of Speck Alto Adige PGI, sage flowers and thyme sprigs.